Thursday, July 21, 2005

Soulgasm

The happiest I ever saw McDougal was the three crazy months his band opened for Bon Jovi's "Blow My Cock" Tour in the Fall of '85. His band, Soulgasm, had a kind of Fuck-Rock-Springsteen kind of sound, heavy on the drums. They had a total of eighteen drummers, some nights you couldn't even hear the guitars, but McDougal didn't care. He was so blown on crack and Chinese Checkers he would just pass out two or three songs into every show ... God he was in paradise.

One night in Albany NY I was loading up when I heard what sounded like McDougal fighting a leopard. I looked in the direction of the Amazing Rhythm Aces' bus and sure enough, there was McDougal and Butch McDade beating a leopard to the tune of "Lipstick Traces" and downing PGA out of a rucksack.

Those two used to call themselves the Double McD's, and it was pretty much a given that if they got together after a show some bad shit was going to go down. So I went over to try to smooth it all out, and next thing I know I'm wearing the leopard - still alive mind you. I had to wear that damn thing for three weeks (McDougal, that crazy son of a bitch, fed it and kept it alive for 2 of those weeks), and at some point got my picture in the Charlotte, NC Herald with that damn thing around my neck.

Anyway, the Double McDs are really ramping up and so I say, hey let's go jam a little with Jon Bon. They are all over this idea, so we stumble up to the Bon Jovi Private Superbus and get stopped by the bouncers. They look at the Rhythm Ace we've got with us and are no way going to let us in. So McDougal takes the first bouncer, Rick, and places a raven's blastocyst right on the tip of his nose, and tells him,

"Вы двигаете so much как Soulgasm мышца, и я поверну вас в soaring raven заклятье которого проклинает его к летать Soulgasm через эту большую нацию, всегда ищущ для righteousness."

That gets us in the door, and as soon as we walk in McDougal challenges Jon Bon Jovi's keyboard player to that game that Roger Moore plays that bad guy where it kind of looks like Missile Command but they get shocked if they get hit and they almost die, I forget the name of it.

Fuck, that was a great night.

Labels: , , ,